Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: For BJC or Wor Norman
A Wing of Ellison Hall was presented to Hebburn Parish in 1885. In 1887 St John's Church was finished and created from that wing. Land had also been donated at the same time.
Ellison Hall east wing was given to us in 1894 for a Hospital Scheme and on Aug 1st 1898 the Infirmary was opened.
In 1920 the Ellison's donated their garden along with 4 ponds to the town to be used as a Public Park.
Recommended Local History websites.