Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: What I failed to mention about New Years Eve Ged
When I started at Palmers in Jan 1958 and got on the workers bus to go up to Mill Lane area.
The amount of busís huge. Then going up to Newcastle for College on train. There was something like 5 trains one way and 4 the other.
Best memory was getting a ride on the back of Les Roberts motorbike. He had a few high powered ones, almost took off going across the station bridge it seemed to me.
The cigarette smoke on the busís as everyone light up. Wow.
From Palmers to the Police station the upper deck filled with smoke and often you could hardly see out the front windows if sitting at the back. Your clothes could reek.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Barry Cram January 23, 2021, 5:10 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Sheila January 23, 2021, 6:01 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Allan Campbell January 23, 2021, 6:59 pm
- Re: What I failed to mention about New Years Eve - Allan Campbell January 24, 2021, 10:35 am
- What lovely memories... - Barry Cram January 24, 2021, 3:01 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.