Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: What lovely memories...
My favourite memories are of all the fantastic party's the local social clubs would put on at Christmas for the children of their members. Sports day at Leslies sports ground was also a personal favourite.
I enjoyed reading Allan Campbell's memory's of new years eve at 121 Victoria rd. I stopped outside that house on my way to church this morning and tried to picture the scene he described. We only live round the corner from this house and when my wife moved to Hebburn from Glasgow nearly twenty five years ago she insisted on all those traditions you spoke of like the coal, cake and whiskey and myself being turfed out into the street at 11.55pm with said items. So be reassured Alan those traditions are still very much alive in that part of Hebburn
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Barry Cram January 23, 2021, 5:10 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Sheila January 23, 2021, 6:01 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Allan Campbell January 23, 2021, 6:59 pm
- Re: What I failed to mention about New Years Eve - Allan Campbell January 24, 2021, 10:35 am
- What lovely memories... - Barry Cram January 24, 2021, 3:01 pm
- Re: What lovely memories... - Chris Wilson January 24, 2021, 8:18 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.