Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: What lovely memories... Chris
One thing I found in the coal shed, stuck up in a corner was a pair of old ice skates. They were very old probably 1930 or earlier.
They were strap on type, metal blade fixed to wood.
As G/Pts + Dad moved into 121 in 1928 from Aln St. were they Dads or Grandads. They could have been hand me downs.
I doubt that Dad would have used them much after 1928 as by that time he was often away playing football professionally.
As I write, I remember that Dad, Mum, Ann & I went to Blackpool and Dad & I had a got at the Ice Rink. He had obviously skated before as he showed me how to skate.
I have a photo of us both on the ice taken then.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Barry Cram January 23, 2021, 5:10 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Sheila January 23, 2021, 6:01 pm
- Re: What is your favourite thing or memory about Jarrow, Hebburn or The Felling, etcetera? - Allan Campbell January 23, 2021, 6:59 pm
- Re: What I failed to mention about New Years Eve - Allan Campbell January 24, 2021, 10:35 am
- What lovely memories... - Barry Cram January 24, 2021, 3:01 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.