Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: What Street is this ?
The "Ladbrrokes" in the pic was I recall the first legal betting shop in Jarrow following the 1961 Act. I am struggling to remember the main bookie in Jarrow who opened it. Help!
And the reason why Normans pic could have initially fooled those of us who used the Station Stairs in the 40'5 and 50's was that the Terrace on Clayton St opposite Palmers, which included Glen and Norman Woodhouse's Barbers and the Chiropodists, had been cleared at the time of the photo and opened up the view of Christ Church.
- What Street is this ? - N44 February 6, 2021, 16:27:49
- Re: What Street is this ? - Laurence February 6, 2021, 17:03:51
- Re: What Street is this ? - Geoff February 6, 2021, 17:29:32
- Re: What Street is this ? - N44 February 6, 2021, 18:15:49
- Re: What Street is this ? - Davy February 6, 2021, 19:12:49
- Re: What Street is this ? - Patrick February 7, 2021, 9:09:09
- Re: What Street is this ? - Mac Cummings February 7, 2021, 10:46:52
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.