Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Where is this bus parked?
I travelled on the 1A many times when I was in Monkton Road infants school, circa 1955. I used to catch it in Monkton Terrace near Scotts Dairies, from where it went up the hill, over the railway bridge, turned right into Croft Terrace, and from there via Bedeburn Road to York Avenue. I used to get off at Belsfield and go to meet my Mum who was teaching at Bedeburn School. The 1A alternated with the 69 which I took on some occasions.
I don't remember the 1D, but I do recall the 26 which came up Albert Road and turned into Bedeburn Road at Carrick's corner. From there it went via York Avenue to Boldon Colliery, passing by the Greyhound pub, and then on to Park Lane in Sunderland.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Where is this bus parked? - N44 February 10, 2021, 11:19:26
- Re: Where is this bus parked? - Mac Cummings February 10, 2021, 12:00:41
- where is this bus parked - rusty alan February 10, 2021, 12:21:42
- Re: Where is this bus parked? - Mac Cummings February 10, 2021, 12:38:02
- Re: Where is this bus parked? - ray daglish February 11, 2021, 9:11:04
- Re: Where is this bus parked? - tom barker February 11, 2021, 16:45:00
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.