Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: John, and Stan...
Around 1956 a desperate National Serviceman could be seen tearing through this great station. His objective was the train to London otherwise it was the lockup at Woolwich should he eventually arrive late. That National Serviceman was me having just finished my embarkation leave, my hobnailed boots barely touched the metal stairs as I raced over the bridge to catch the train about to leave the platform. The train was the Talisman - and very posh it was too. Not for the likes of me I was assured by the pompous ticket man on board. My 10/- meal voucher would not have bought me a soup. Nevertheless, I was not thrown off and I made to the barracks in time.
- Newcastle Central Station, 1951... - Barry Cram February 16, 2021, 11:00:54
- Re: Newcastle Central Station, 1951... - john Shearer February 16, 2021, 11:55:55
- Re: Newcastle Central Station, 1951... - Stan Wears February 16, 2021, 12:42:27
- John, and Stan... - Barry Cram February 16, 2021, 12:58:02
- Re: John, and Stan... - Mac Cummings February 16, 2021, 13:03:33
- Re: John, and Stan... - George February 16, 2021, 14:04:17
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.