Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: All togged up!
Posted by George on May 4, 2021, 7:33:28, in reply to "All togged up!
Burtons with Weavers To Wearers (usually next door), Jackson The Tailor's. Collier's, 50 Shilling Tailor's. All making made to measure suits. Hector Powell for up market clientele. Charcoal grey suits two buttoned with narrow lapels. Penny rounded corners on the jackets. All cut to the standard length of to our thumb tips when arms at our sides. Trousers with narrow bottoms - (not our bums) and always with razor sharp creases. White shirts with cutaway collars. Half inch of white handkerchief showing from breast pocket. White cutaway shirt collars with small neat windsor knotted ties. Black poished shoes of course. We were immaculate in our early 1950s style. This mode of dress was usually followed by a trip to a different tailor who gave you a free karki suit for the next two years.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- All togged up! - Stan Wears May 3, 2021, 23:38:47
- Re: All togged up! - George May 4, 2021, 7:33:28
- Re: All togged up! - James Goring May 4, 2021, 7:47:06
- Re: All togged up! - Mac Cummings May 4, 2021, 10:40:25
- Re: All togged up! - John Shearer May 4, 2021, 11:21:30
- Re: All togged up! - s May 4, 2021, 12:14:58
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Mac Cummings May 4, 2021, 12:50:12
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Sandra May 4, 2021, 13:09:42
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Mac Hardy May 4, 2021, 13:29:19
- Re: All togged up! For -s - George May 4, 2021, 13:44:27
- I know who s is Mac - Norman Dunn May 4, 2021, 14:28:33
- All togged up - Dennis May 4, 2021, 19:26:39
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.