Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: All togged up.... in my red jacket
I met the girl I eventually married whilst wearing a pillar box red jacket with full back and one link button. Add to that a bow tie, white shirt, drain pipe trousers, and crepe soled boing boing bouncy shoes. She asked me if I was a member of the band. I looked up and they were dressed just the same. Trying to impress I lied and said yes, I was the singer but I had a sore throat. This happened at the Ridley Cycling Club annual dance at the Milvaine Club Newcastle in 1956. The Milvain club is now a mosque, the jacket has long been gone as her dad hated it and thought I had pinched it from Butlins. However, Dorothy and I will celebrate our diamond wedding next year when I will be wearing a charcoal grey suit with all the trimmings.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- All togged up! - Stan Wears May 3, 2021, 23:38:47
- Re: All togged up! - George May 4, 2021, 7:33:28
- Re: All togged up! - James Goring May 4, 2021, 7:47:06
- Re: All togged up! - Mac Cummings May 4, 2021, 10:40:25
- Re: All togged up! - John Shearer May 4, 2021, 11:21:30
- Re: All togged up! - s May 4, 2021, 12:14:58
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Mac Cummings May 4, 2021, 12:50:12
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Sandra May 4, 2021, 13:09:42
- Re: All togged up! For -s - Mac Hardy May 4, 2021, 13:29:19
- Re: All togged up! For -s - George May 4, 2021, 13:44:27
- I know who s is Mac - Norman Dunn May 4, 2021, 14:28:33
- All togged up - Dennis May 4, 2021, 19:26:39
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.