Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by N44 on July 21, 2021, 18:49:51, in reply to "Re: Birds
When we were young every street had quite a few Sparrow's nests in the houses like little haystack high up. We rarely saw a Magpie in those days because the farmers shot them. Nowadays they cant be shot so are very common and they are killers. I thought they only scavenged and didnt realise they kill small birds until I saw one trying to kill a Thrush in the middle of someones lawn. I intervened, split them up and the Thrush flew off.
They hunt through the hedges looking for nests and then eat the eggs or chicks.
Small birds are easy prey for them.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Birds - Joseph July 21, 2021, 16:26:14
- Re: Birds - Sandra July 21, 2021, 16:37:01
- Re: Birds - Davy July 21, 2021, 17:11:30
- Re: Birds - John Shearer July 21, 2021, 17:54:06
- Re: Birds - N44 July 21, 2021, 18:49:51
- Re: Birds - Lorna Lakey July 21, 2021, 19:01:41
- Re: Birds - Brian July 21, 2021, 21:44:04
- Re: Birds - David Henley July 21, 2021, 21:52:27
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.