Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Its just a joke Allan
Wrecks off the Tyne, I have recently been helping a Hebburn lad out Peter F, nice lad been fixing his computers, he was a diver and apparently instructor in this discipline, he showed me a map from 1907 of all the wrecks at the mouth of the river Tyne. I was totally amazed at the amount of wrecks and information on this 1907 map, with names, tonnage and year, and even if even if a refloat had taken place. Even more that one can own or purchase these wrecks, sorry if I have been misinformed or I misunderstood Peters information. The South Shield's Beach has also had it historical wrecks beached or blown off course, some wreck are just lie beyond, then there is the Black Middens on the Tynemouth side, it to is littered with these wrecks, It has the very first watch house, the 1864 Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade, with e very first, Breeches buoy, it good day out to visit and look at the museum, this was a nice look at a brilliant map . Think Peter F still teaches or lectures on this subject, as he in in his 70s now, he has sold his nice boat to so a bit land locked. Had some great chat and learned lots of interesting information and seen some of his very interesting artefacts and memorabilia from the hidden depths. Hebburn lads have all the luck once again.
- The Dive. A recent publication of a terrifying event 30 years ago - George July 29, 2021, 21:06:49
- Re: The Dive. A recent publication of a terrifying event 30 years ago - Allan Campbell July 29, 2021, 22:31:59
- For George - Allan Campbell July 30, 2021, 6:21:37
- Its just a joke Allan - Alec July 30, 2021, 9:02:22
- A good one - Allan Campbell July 30, 2021, 9:25:28
- Re: Its just a joke Allan - Ken Wood August 5, 2021, 8:36:13
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.