Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Bill Lee or Billy Lee ? The name Kirtley
Posted by Allan Campbell on September 2, 2021, 16:38:19, in reply to "Re: For Don Scott
I knew a Billy Lee who was a Boys Brigade guy and at High Lane Row. As were the whole family.
He was related to me through his wife Thelma Thompson my Grandmotherís niece.
So is this the same chap.
The family name Kirtley came up in some family research.
A James Steel married a Margret Kirtley at Heworth on 23 May 1812. These could be my G G G G/Pts.
The problem is I think there could have been a mixup with the spelling, my family has a Stell family name but that could be that was as it was written or spoken way back then.
The Stell name became into the Waggitt family tree.
I suspect that this will be an unsolvable problem.
- For Don Scott - Bill Wallace August 31, 2021, 13:36:49
- Re: For Don Scott - Donnie Kirtley September 2, 2021, 0:10:58
- Re: For Don Scott - Bill Wallace September 2, 2021, 10:44:18
- Bill Lee or Billy Lee ? The name Kirtley - Allan Campbell September 2, 2021, 16:38:19
- Re: For Don Scott - Tom Barker September 3, 2021, 11:05:54
- Re: For Don Scott / Bill Lee - Vikki September 14, 2021, 2:05:08
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.