Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Jarrow ancestry
Good Afternoon Mac.
I hope you are well.If you have a moment, are you able to perhaps help me understand the make up of a Field Company, 233rd? I may have it quite wrong.
I understand around 200 men, of three platoons of around 60 men perhaps? Remaining numbers would be Quartermasters, Adjutants, HQ staff?
Were these platoons then sub-sectioned into smaller units and if so, how many sections - four? - and number of men per section?
I sometimes read memoirs that seem to interchange "platoon" with "section", so you may be able to narrow this down for me which would help my reading of events.
Thank you very much.
- Jarrow ancestry - Iain September 9, 2021, 15:10:37
- Re: Jarrow ancestry - Norman Dunn September 9, 2021, 16:32:25
- Re: Jarrow ancestry - Mac Hardy September 10, 2021, 13:51:01
- Re: Jarrow ancestry - Mac Hardy September 10, 2021, 13:55:23
- Re: Jarrow ancestry - Iain September 13, 2021, 14:58:55
- Re: Jarrow ancestry - Alison September 11, 2021, 15:43:58
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.