Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by N44 on October 12, 2021, 18:04:55, in reply to "Re: Usworth
It was called RAF Usworth and it is all gone now. Nissan's massive Car Making Plant stands on that old aerodrome's land. But there is a small Museum there where you can learn a bit of the history. Hurricane's were stationed there in WW2.
- The Nissan plant on which old airfield - Allan Campbell October 12, 2021, 14:52:41
- Usworth - Allan Campbell October 12, 2021, 14:55:12
- Re: Usworth - John Shearer October 12, 2021, 15:12:16
- Re: Usworth - N44 October 12, 2021, 18:04:55
- Re: Usworth - Donnie Kirtley October 12, 2021, 15:14:20
- Usworth - Mac Cummings October 13, 2021, 14:10:23
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.