Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum'
[ Post a Response | Norman Dunn's 'Hebburn and our Neighbours Forum' ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Ladies State Pensions
Posted by Allan Campbell on December 29, 2021, 16:32:54
Ann ‘s State Pension is a lot less than mine as when she was working the other girls said don’t pay the full Stamp so she didn’t.
In 1969 we moved into a new house in Knaresborough and another young couple moved in at the same time.
The girl was a nurse and packed in work as her husband was a junior bank manager and would be getting posted around Yorkshire every two years. We visited them all over the place.
We meet up every month to 6 weeks in normal times as they live 20 miles away but are in contact by phone.
This now lady has never worked since marriage yet she gets the full state pension. Something about “ She claims off her husbands pension”.
Never found out how that comes about and it cropped up yesterday while sorting out our finances.
Anyone know the whys and wherefores.?
- Ladies State Pensions - Allan Campbell December 29, 2021, 16:32:54
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: Ladies State Pensions - Geoff December 29, 2021, 16:52:56
- Re: Ladies State Pensions - N44 December 29, 2021, 17:05:53
- Re: Ladies State Pensions - Allan Camobell December 29, 2021, 17:13:27
- Re: Ladies State Pensions - Mac Cummings December 29, 2021, 17:34:09
- Re: Ladies State Pensions Thanks people for the info. - Allan Campbell December 29, 2021, 21:21:12
Recommended Local History websites.