[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
funny how that happens*
When I checked seatgeek before buying on stubhub, the fees were essentially identical.
Last time I looked the fees ended up being 35% on top of the ticket price. I actually ended up finding comparable tickets to the ones on StubHub for about $50 more total than the amount of fees alone.
I think of StubHub as insurance against getting ripped off on Craigslist or whatever. A 35% premium is way too steep for that insurance.
I bought my girlfriend tickets to a show that she’s already going to. Ok, my bad, I should have probably back channeled that information upfront.
But between the buying fees on the front end and the selling fees on the back, I’m on track to lose $130 on the transaction. And this is with re-listing the tickets at $35 more per ticket than I paid the first time!
Stubhub is insane - snipes824 August 14, 2019, 10:09:24
- Similar fees when selling my Bears season tix through the Bears/TicketMaster* - HamptonSki August 14, 2019, 10:56:43
- Ha I just did this as well - CanHartlebHireSnider August 14, 2019, 10:39:34
- The fees are obscene* - DoucheLaloosh August 14, 2019, 10:30:06
- yeah, it's out of control* - reggiedunlop August 14, 2019, 10:28:40
- I don't buy tickets often enough to tell if it's gotten worse but it seems like it has - IB August 14, 2019, 10:17:17
- And yet it appears to be in line with “industry standard” - snipes824 August 14, 2019, 10:39:53
- funny how that happens* - IB August 14, 2019, 10:41:31
- Ha, yeah* - snipes824 August 14, 2019, 10:43:41
- It's gotten much worse. And instead of other companies undercutting, as far as I can tell - ATL August 14, 2019, 10:38:11
« Back to index | View thread »