Thumbs up! Now - about the cabin...
Posted by Walkon
on August 14, 2019, 12:35:48, in reply to "Sidejack
Itís only been one summer for us - so weíre obviously still in the honeymoon phase, but we have zero regrets so far. To be fair the weather up there has been ridiculously good every time so thatís been a hugely positive factor.
Ours is a 4 hours/15 minute drive but Iíve always loved driving so that is no factor for us whatsoever. Give me a podcast, a Cub game, or an audio book and Iím good. But even when we would camp an hour away it took 4 hours to load up/hook up/drive/full the water tanks/get settled so itís kind of a wash.
Weíve done several drive up Friday/come back Sunday night weekends already and have enjoyed every one.
My biggest question mark going in was taking away from other travel, and admittedly weíre doing much less of that this year. However next year we have a a couple ďotherĒ trips planned so weíll put that concern to the test.
Let me know if you guys have any other questions.
Been doing lots of post-run calf stretches that have helped immensely with my Plantar fasciitis and my milage is slowly coing bac.....crazy how all those muscles connect to each other...
Message Thread | This response ↓|
LBK and I are actively considering a lake cabin Up North - KingTalkyTiki August 14, 2019, 11:23:22
- w vrbo and such I canít see myself ever having the conversation - digs August 15, 2019, 8:17:11
- This thread now reminded me of synchronicity 2 by the Police. - DT August 15, 2019, 7:39:57
- My sister and her hubby just closed on a cabin in MInnesota. - BoCool August 14, 2019, 23:32:03
- Grandparents had a place on a lake up in Eagle River back when my family lived in Illinois. - dk August 14, 2019, 23:25:02
- On a related note, I found an orange and blue boat for sale. Gel coat needs some work. - gvibes August 14, 2019, 20:43:48
- I'll rent it!* - MtHoodIllini August 14, 2019, 20:23:17
- If you guys enjoy going up there in the winter too, then it makes too much sense, do it* - HamptonSki August 14, 2019, 18:28:06
- I would love a lake house in WI or MI... the only problem would be forcing myself to come home - IlliniOllie August 14, 2019, 18:16:06
- 5.5 hours each way? Sounds miserable - CubsWonWorldSeries August 14, 2019, 16:57:28
- Go for it. And make sure there's no internet or cell service available - timmer August 14, 2019, 16:33:19
- LOL* - PrkrLewis August 15, 2019, 9:41:45
- Second homes are pretty awesome and lake homes are pretty much the tits. - DoucheLaloosh August 14, 2019, 15:58:57
- i think itís great for some people - LPAD August 14, 2019, 14:00:40
- We have thought the same thing, but in Northern LP of MI. However, our main issues.... - HectorVillanueva19 August 14, 2019, 13:11:07
- thought about this as well, but we were looking at a 1/4 share deal in michigan - gig August 14, 2019, 13:07:50
- too far IMO (and I have a 4-hour roundtrip commute) * - Jersey August 14, 2019, 12:59:35
- Have you decided to be DINKs for life? - Kimmerz August 14, 2019, 12:57:12
- Be it a thousamd mles away, Iíll never give up the cabin in New Hampshire.* - Stu August 14, 2019, 12:56:18
- 5.5 hours seems way, way too far to do this. But thatís just me. - Carl Spackler August 14, 2019, 12:53:43
- I'll also only consent if it's Michigan rather than Wisconsin* - Chilango August 14, 2019, 12:28:22
- Sounds fun, but look at cost of ownership versus just VRBOing every time you want to go* - Chilango August 14, 2019, 12:21:08
- What a terrible idea* - Walkon August 14, 2019, 12:16:10
- We've kicked around this idea as well. Distance is a pain* - Cunativeson August 14, 2019, 12:09:57
- Do it. * - doubledown August 14, 2019, 12:09:56
- By making that investment are you going to feel obligated to drive up there all the time? - Tortillini August 14, 2019, 12:04:37
- to me, thats too far. never know what the future bring and will you at some point wish you had a - Mrap24 August 14, 2019, 12:04:04
- I love the Northwoods, but Michigan is better for a getaway home. Closer, better towns, Lake Mich.* - cpsteine August 14, 2019, 11:58:07
- If you can airbnb it, why not?* - ghost_of_clt August 14, 2019, 11:57:48
- I don't know why you wouldn't. It's beautiful up there, you guys go up there a lot and - Taz August 14, 2019, 11:56:10
- For me, 5.5 hours is too far for regular usage. Somewhere near Fond Du Lac, Wisc is good for me - OWWDig August 14, 2019, 11:54:57
- You mean, like, Canada? - timmer August 14, 2019, 11:52:33
- is this like a time share?* - Chicago Joe August 14, 2019, 11:52:06
- i have three kids and no money. why can't I have no kids and three money?* - biclops August 14, 2019, 11:50:21
- How often are you up there now?* - gvibes August 14, 2019, 11:45:23
- If youíll use it and have the money, no mistake - snipes824 August 14, 2019, 11:45:05
- perfect place for the next Deuce summer retreat* - ECEIllinois August 14, 2019, 11:44:39
- 0%, I have a beach house in SC - TarheelIllini August 14, 2019, 11:37:56
- We love our lake hovel. Nothing has broken yet. It's closer so useable on weekends though* - gvibes August 14, 2019, 11:37:38
- If you'll use it regularly, what's the downside?* - eta August 14, 2019, 11:32:11
- You and Walkon can be neighbors!* - Tooldresser August 14, 2019, 11:31:38
- As much as you two kids are up there, why the hell not? - Jackie August 14, 2019, 11:30:53
- Sure they are, they would like to use it. - ibdoc August 14, 2019, 11:30:21
- I don't like the wording inside. It should be how great of an idea is this!* - DiamondDazzle August 14, 2019, 11:28:28
- everyone loves someone with a lakehouse* - reggiedunlop August 14, 2019, 11:24:23
« Back to index | View thread »