i personally like Petrino's style of offense
Posted by illiniranger
on August 14, 2019, 12:40:42, in reply to "raises hand
i will dispute Roughy that it relies on a running QB. The only running QB Petrino ever recruited was Lamar Jackson. it can add to the O, but it's never been something they've relied on. Petrino's style of a downhill running game and play action passing can play in the B1G as Paul Petrino and Jeff Brohm have both shown.
But you cannot actively try and make all the players you inherited hate you and you need to do some adequate recruiting.
but i admit by game one I had bought in. Guy gives a good interview and he was in demand.
i can't remember who it was, who said something like "guys, S&P+ says his offenses were dogshit anywhere that Bobby Petrino wasn't calling the plays."
...he was seen as the crown jewel assistant hire, the guy who proved we were a big boy program now, swiping in demand assistants from other peer programs.
upload picture and get link
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Roughy posts his three deep: - ijustkrushalot August 12, 2019, 16:34:07
- Miami safety Derrick Smith is transferring. - roughy August 14, 2019, 11:59:10
- PFF ranks Rutgers as the worst QB situation in the country - UIHuskie August 14, 2019, 11:06:32
- I'm Brandon Peters skeptical but PFF is so far up its own ass on some of this stuff - IB August 14, 2019, 11:41:38
- Brock Purdy #8. Too bad we couldn’t land him* - CanHartlebHireSnider August 14, 2019, 11:12:28
- We could have, he had a booster on Rivals saying this kid will be really good - JacobRDaugherty August 14, 2019, 11:28:14
- I'll let my auto-fill respond: - longsnapper August 14, 2019, 12:11:56
- he was a really, really bad hire * - illiniranger August 14, 2019, 12:28:18
- And in the "no-one knows anything" file, my recollection is that at the time... - DT August 14, 2019, 12:33:16
- you are correct - illiniranger August 14, 2019, 12:35:06
- raises hand - IB August 14, 2019, 12:35:56
- i personally like Petrino's style of offense - illiniranger August 14, 2019, 12:40:42
- Hmmm... - DT August 14, 2019, 12:42:28
- to be fair if he were here his arm likely would have been amputated after a freak accident by now* - IB August 14, 2019, 11:33:34
- Speaking of McGee’s big recruiting land is #128* - CanHartlebHireSnider August 14, 2019, 11:32:43
- I don’t want this information in my head* - roughy August 14, 2019, 11:32:18
- UI one behind UWisc* - UofIL6 August 14, 2019, 11:07:56
- ESPN's UConn article abour their defense, we better smash them for my own sanity - JacobRDaugherty August 14, 2019, 11:00:23
- CB's 5 and 6 being walkons isn't great - snipes824 August 12, 2019, 17:32:43
- I'm sure there's an article, but is Corbin/Epstein because of equal talent or there is injury? - ghost_of_clt August 12, 2019, 17:32:34
- Also, guy I pimped day two at camp and continue to pimp: - roughy August 12, 2019, 17:20:45
- I'll ask this here, have you seen anything from Taylor that makes it seem he might - reggiedunlop August 12, 2019, 16:58:21
- Here's another damn article about who's on a hot seat... which got me thinking - ijustkrushalot August 12, 2019, 16:47:47
- Boo Cumby on the 3rd string* - reggiedunlop August 12, 2019, 16:47:39
- while we are here, is anyone else having trouble subscribing?* - reggiedunlop August 12, 2019, 16:43:46
- i'd say those are about right - illiniranger August 12, 2019, 16:43:41
- Cut and paste because "no CLICKS from the Deuce" is a bright line for me: - roughy August 12, 2019, 16:38:44
« Back to index | View thread »