What a bunch of shitheads. *
after telling the Democrats in the House that they wouldn't be holding any votes this morning (because of 9/11 memorials). https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/shame-you-north-carolin
North Carolina House Democrats are calling foul on their Republican colleagues for voting to override the governor's budget veto on Wednesday while most Democrats were not present.
The uproar began after GOP Rep. Jason Saine made a motion early Wednesday morning to reconsider the budget that was vetoed by Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper earlier this year, according to The Raleigh News & Observer.
Democrats excoriated Republicans on social media and the few who were present in the House at the time of the vote furiously protested the decision. Only 12 Democrats were in the House, but they did not all have an opportunity to vote and their microphones were cut off, the paper reported. The vote passed 55-9. The issue now moves to the state's GOP-controlled Senate.
House Democratic leader Darren Jackson told the paper that he informed Democrats that they did not need to be present because Republican Rep. David Lewis said there would be no recorded votes. The North Carolina House is a 120-member body and Republicans hold a 65–55 majority. However, last year Democrats won enough seats in the House to end the GOP's supermajority, which had allowed them to override a veto.
"If we can’t trust each other, this place will fall apart, it’s just too big an entity to run, too many processes to require for everything to be in writing," Jackson said.
Cooper was attending a 9/11 memorial when the chaos unfolded. Speaking at a press conference later on Wednesday, Cooper blasted Republican leadership as "deceptive" and "beyond desperate."
No more olds.
If your favorite condiment is ranch, we probably aren't going to have a ton in common.
Who ####ing talks about pork steak for a week?
Message Thread | This response ↓|
North Carolina GOP overrides governor's veto of budget blocking Medicaid expansion - IlliniRunner September 11, 2019, 16:50:27
- We need a new party for conservatives and the GOP to be completely obliterated* - reggiedunlop September 12, 2019, 12:54:34
- Here's a rundown of what happened from State Senator Jeff Jackson (D) - GrandmotherPearlsJam September 12, 2019, 7:22:57
- what's next, start holding secret unannounced votes at 2:00 a.m. on weekends?* - Orangeillini September 11, 2019, 21:27:39
- I’m no gop apologist but that nbc article seems a bit misleading - John Coctostan September 11, 2019, 21:27:33
- #NeverForget - Dark Knight September 11, 2019, 21:24:59
- and lol at this clown - biclops September 11, 2019, 18:21:36
- wouldn’t there be a paper trail either way (if the Rs said there would or would not be voted?* - biclops September 11, 2019, 18:16:56
- What a bunch of shitheads. * - Kimmerz September 11, 2019, 18:06:02
- I see here Trump won NC by 3.7%. Hopefully that cements NC as blue in 2020 * - meanjeans September 11, 2019, 17:36:59
- A perfect representation of the two parties* - snipes824 September 11, 2019, 17:07:16
- idiots, idiot state, I hope the D's use this to fire themselves up - TarheelIllini September 11, 2019, 17:05:45
- What idiots in the NC Democratic Party thought anyone in the NC GOP should be trusted? - Carl Spackler September 11, 2019, 17:00:18
- They should continue to try to work with the republicans who I’ve been told are - ATL September 11, 2019, 16:52:31
« Back to index | View thread »