The government controls messaging in China to a good extent
and they've spent the last several years whipping up nationalism in the populace. I think that a lot of folks there will look at this move as a point of pride and not be put upon because they can't see the games.
NBA games not being on TV. it's not like china can point to some policy by the NBA that they can rally their citizens around. This is over one comment made by one GM.
Just heard on Bernstein/McKnight
Mainly because Silver said the Hong Kong protestors had right to express themselves.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Chinese government suspending NBA broadcasts - DanSaint October 8, 2019, 11:30:14
- I thought this gif was funny (maybe NSFW).... - harb October 9, 2019, 8:17:36
- Can't wait to hear Sir Charles' take on this. - osklister October 8, 2019, 15:02:24
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone: not silent - ATL October 8, 2019, 13:16:36
- Lebrons silence is deafening * - jumpingdan October 8, 2019, 11:37:20
- He's too busy trying to find Zeng Zau that George Costanza bought that bald cure cream from* - timmer October 8, 2019, 13:17:44
- Ohhhhh now we wanna hear from him but when itís for the betterment for black community - MC October 8, 2019, 13:01:17
- Does he voice an opinion typically on every single potential social issue? * - Taz October 8, 2019, 12:23:46
- Maybe he's waiting until conservatives decide whether or not he's allowed to venture an opinion* - Franklin October 8, 2019, 11:52:27
- LOL* - suburbanmyth October 8, 2019, 11:47:21
- is it really?* - ECEIllinois October 8, 2019, 11:46:36
- i think this is a big mistake for china with potential to be a big win for the west* - suburbanmyth October 8, 2019, 11:34:42
« Back to index | View thread »