i would think Illinois Policy's argument would be "pay more"
that way you attract people that are more talented that are capable of moving the needle.
my point really is that if you think the CTU is a hustle, then Illinois Policy's ideas are *definitely* a hustle.
got those people he hired and they didn't really move the needle. Then they all asked for raises even though they are already the highest paid.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Did a quick search and find an article that CPS teacher's median salary is about $80k. . - Savoy October 9, 2019, 12:27:40
- Defined benefit public pensions need to go - Potomac October 9, 2019, 15:36:15
- teachers above other professions complain the most on social media about their jobs - LPAD October 9, 2019, 14:50:59
- https://salary.bettergov.org/ - longsnapper October 9, 2019, 14:47:10
- What should teachers make? - Kimmerz October 9, 2019, 14:41:11
- What's the average starting salary for someone at a 200 kid high school 30+ miles from a metro area - ijustkrushalot October 9, 2019, 14:27:51
- Primary reasons why teachers annual salaries are too low - - OrangeSox October 9, 2019, 13:43:43
- They want a 5% raise every year for the next three years too. Also, smaller class sizes, support - PrkrLewis October 9, 2019, 13:17:55
- there used to be a public database (maybe through the Sun-Times) that listed salaries - Gene Parmesan October 9, 2019, 12:47:35
- i'm seeing median income at 61K in Cook County. 80k for a teacher seems about right - illiniranger October 9, 2019, 12:40:23
- Wait until you see their yearly retirement pension* - HamptonSki October 9, 2019, 12:39:54
- Cost of living is also wildly different* - Taz October 9, 2019, 12:37:21
- Mean income is somewhere around $55k, median is around $45k, I think household is around $80k* - ghost_of_clt October 9, 2019, 12:36:06
- when did she retire, 1983?* - longsnapper October 9, 2019, 12:31:35
- 2003* - Savoy October 9, 2019, 12:36:41
« Back to index | View thread »