That they had something to do was important
But they're also really awesome people who it is pretty easy to be around. The Mrs. and I have also been together long enough - and thus, I've been around her parents enough - that it's pretty normal to be around them. We all do our own thing when we want to.
And like I said to DD, it was nice to have some normal family interactions with them to contrast with my Mom -- who has been in the hospital or a nursing home rehabbing since Memorial day -- or my Dad -- who has been in Memory care since June 18th because of his Alzheimer's ratcheting up.
Grandparents are useful and helpful. My parents aren’t useful or helpful to me in any way.
We've needed them to help out with stuff -- getting the kids (12,10) to the right places, making sure they didn't burn down the house -- while my wife and I were dealing with issues with my parents and their failing health.
It was wonderful having them around and they could have stayed longer and it wouldn't have bothered me.
I'd go on a murderous rampage.
They're pretty easy going.
Asking for a friend.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
How long is too long for your in laws to stay at your house? 0 days cannot be an answer. - DiamondDazzle October 9, 2019, 12:27:15
- My gf parents come and stay for 6 months - TarheelIllini October 9, 2019, 18:30:19
- 2 minutes.* - eta October 9, 2019, 18:14:30
- My in laws will never stay at our home. - MJC73 October 9, 2019, 16:26:14
- Same. * - harb October 9, 2019, 17:27:11
- 3 nights* - timmer October 9, 2019, 16:17:56
- I don't mind my in-laws visiting for a week to ten days - opey8 October 9, 2019, 14:28:25
- lol8* - DiamondDazzle October 9, 2019, 14:44:28
- 0 days. - SurfTheBoneyard October 9, 2019, 14:26:21
- 1 hour* - Stu October 9, 2019, 13:37:30
- for my wife she'd say 0, but 24 hours* - gig October 9, 2019, 13:29:25
- Well, mine is moving in so I’m several standard deviations away from the mean. * - Samricky October 9, 2019, 13:18:31
- Illness or financial issues etc. we’d do what is needed - digs October 9, 2019, 13:14:25
- It depends on how much I am allowed to drink while they are there* - Sounder October 9, 2019, 13:13:23
- oOo - KingTalkyTiki October 9, 2019, 13:12:44
- 10-14 days would probably be too much. - Chicago1995 October 9, 2019, 13:08:52
- 1 day* - Mrap24 October 9, 2019, 13:03:23
- 4 days* - DT October 9, 2019, 12:39:04
- It depends. I generally like my MIL. We've done several vacations together and it's fine - Taz October 9, 2019, 12:34:19
- 3 days* - gvibes October 9, 2019, 12:31:36
- Depends on how much you like them and the situation. - Kimmerz October 9, 2019, 12:31:27
- 0 days - IlliniSax05 October 9, 2019, 12:31:04
- Mine live 20 minutes away, so, 0 nights is an acceptable answer.* - SixthandGreen October 9, 2019, 12:30:08
- 42 hours.* - longsnapper October 9, 2019, 12:28:24
- >14 days* - ATL October 9, 2019, 12:28:17
« Back to index | View thread »