DC area Federal employees wishing for Fed. Govenrment Closure is worse. .
Just search OPM on twitter the night before any amount of snowfall is called for in DC area.
No other profession counts the days down to their summer or winter breaks as if they can just barely hang on until that time. I donít get it. Other jobs are not stressful and donít have to deal with shit?
Thereís a culture there that is really unique, and not in a good way.
In our district the middle school and high school kids have final exams (grade schools do not) and because of that the middle and high school teachers get an extra half day off (due to the exam schedules being only half days. Well the grade school teachers complained they donít get that half day off. So the (whoever makes these decisions), instead of giving the grade school teachers the extra half day off, which would screw up the district calendar, said, fine, now all the teachers donít get the half day off. So the middle and Hs teachers donít get the half day off anymore, they have to be there even though thereís nothing going on. So petty. The grade school teachers could not stand to let the other teachers have 4 hours off more than them. Forget the fact that the middle school and high school teachers have extra exams to grade beyond what the grade school teachers do.....you would think that would make up those 4 hours. I find it mind boggling to think that way.
If that is valid, that is a good chunk. MIL taught for 35 years down here in east central Illinois and retired at half that salary with a pension far from enough to live off of.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Did a quick search and find an article that CPS teacher's median salary is about $80k. . - Savoy October 9, 2019, 12:27:40
- Defined benefit public pensions need to go - Potomac October 9, 2019, 15:36:15
- teachers above other professions complain the most on social media about their jobs - LPAD October 9, 2019, 14:50:59
- https://salary.bettergov.org/ - longsnapper October 9, 2019, 14:47:10
- What should teachers make? - Kimmerz October 9, 2019, 14:41:11
- What's the average starting salary for someone at a 200 kid high school 30+ miles from a metro area - ijustkrushalot October 9, 2019, 14:27:51
- Primary reasons why teachers annual salaries are too low - - OrangeSox October 9, 2019, 13:43:43
- They want a 5% raise every year for the next three years too. Also, smaller class sizes, support - PrkrLewis October 9, 2019, 13:17:55
- there used to be a public database (maybe through the Sun-Times) that listed salaries - Gene Parmesan October 9, 2019, 12:47:35
- i'm seeing median income at 61K in Cook County. 80k for a teacher seems about right - illiniranger October 9, 2019, 12:40:23
- Wait until you see their yearly retirement pension* - HamptonSki October 9, 2019, 12:39:54
- Cost of living is also wildly different* - Taz October 9, 2019, 12:37:21
- Mean income is somewhere around $55k, median is around $45k, I think household is around $80k* - ghost_of_clt October 9, 2019, 12:36:06
- when did she retire, 1983?* - longsnapper October 9, 2019, 12:31:35
- 2003* - Savoy October 9, 2019, 12:36:41
« Back to index | View thread »