[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
Just saw this. Can't really answer without putting it in context.
Edited by roughy on October 10, 2019, 13:23:11
2010 Illini led the Texas Bowl 24-0 three minutes into third quarter and I felt pretty great because of the defense. They had been stout all season long. My youngest son started freaking out at 24-14 but compared to other Illini games, I was calm. Just Feed Five and the defense will have enough.
If we lead 24-0 early in the third quarter on Saturday (l-o-l) I won't feel an ounce of comfortable. 24 is nothing against a defense that gets gashed and an offense that can't sustain drives.
So I can't answer without knowing what kind of Illini team we have. If they got to the Rose Bowl with their offense, 34-0 and I'm still scared. If they got there through defense, 24-0 and I'm comfortable.
Which is why the Cardinals stuff was ridiculous with Flaherty on the mound. Bullpen start? Almost assuredly over, but stay cautious for a few innings. Flaherty spotted 10 runs? Pop the champagne.
Hey roughy - spin-off question for you based on 98ís comment in Cards thread - OB25 October 9, 2019, 17:28:11
- Just saw this. Can't really answer without putting it in context. - roughy October 10, 2019, 13:09:28
- 38* - assassin October 9, 2019, 21:12:25
- No less than 42.* - SixthandGreen October 9, 2019, 21:09:26
- Gimmie 43.* - Warrin'_Illini October 9, 2019, 19:06:16
- 28* - suburbanmyth October 9, 2019, 19:01:16
- I think I was forever scarred by the '92 NW game and rescarred by the '99 IU game - ECEIllinois October 9, 2019, 18:56:34
- For me, it would have to be when we hear the opposing team wonít play the 2nd half* - timmer October 9, 2019, 18:54:32
- Thereís clearly a sliding scale here. - illini October 9, 2019, 18:45:46
- Infinity and beyond * - Draino October 9, 2019, 18:39:05
« Back to index | View thread »