We are in the same situation. Drop our daughter off at 6:30 at 4K
drop our son off at 7 at daycare, to work by 7:30.
Leave work a 4:30, pick up our son at 5, pick up our daughter between 5:30 and 6 (traffic dependent).
Long days for both of them to be at school/daycare, but short of my wife quitting, and us running on a single income for a few years, it's the best we can do.
Run by outside contractors.
Parents pay though I think there are waivers for economic need.
it is critical for many many parents. We hate to give ours such a long day but there arent many other practical options, especially with insane hours of 9:25-3:50
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Has Kamala Harris’ new bill regarding school hours been discussed? - bjl63 November 8, 2019, 9:34:18
- What we really need is a shorter work day, not a longer school day* - Jackie November 8, 2019, 15:02:14
- This is horrible for schools* - Quiz November 8, 2019, 14:14:26
- the feds would set local school hours? LOL * - Potomac November 8, 2019, 14:11:31
- It seems like the point is to be able to keep kids supervised until 6pm - ghost_of_clt November 8, 2019, 9:54:33
- I would assume this isn't an expansion of teaching hours - Figs November 8, 2019, 9:53:22
« Back to index | View thread »