The part in ( ) was specifically to say that I don't have official numbers. Was that not clear?
Edited by Figs on November 8, 2019, 14:25:55
And the guesstimate of 25% would include people that have other arrangements.
better than charging an entire community for 12 hours of care for an entire school, when only 25% of kids need it, and only 10% of kids need economic assistance to make it affordable. (numbers pulled out of a hat, do not not represent official needs)
Run by outside contractors.
Parents pay though I think there are waivers for economic need.
it is critical for many many parents. We hate to give ours such a long day but there arent many other practical options, especially with insane hours of 9:25-3:50
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Has Kamala Harris’ new bill regarding school hours been discussed? - bjl63 November 8, 2019, 9:34:18
- What we really need is a shorter work day, not a longer school day* - Jackie November 8, 2019, 15:02:14
- This is horrible for schools* - Quiz November 8, 2019, 14:14:26
- the feds would set local school hours? LOL * - Potomac November 8, 2019, 14:11:31
- It seems like the point is to be able to keep kids supervised until 6pm - ghost_of_clt November 8, 2019, 9:54:33
- I would assume this isn't an expansion of teaching hours - Figs November 8, 2019, 9:53:22
« Back to index | View thread »