holds up to a second viewing. moves really fast *
Edited by biclops on November 13, 2019, 19:32:28
yes i know there is already a disney+ thread but i think this deserves its own.
- obviously the main character is a total badass
- i think they nailed the "star wars, but grittier" look and feel (a la rogue one)
- i also think they nailed the old western movie atmosphere particularly with the score & the cinematography
- the shot where the door opens and there's all those storm troopers was balls. like, you have NO IDEA what's about to happen.
- the shootout scene with the IG droid was great. i enjoyed everything about that.
- i'm intrigued to see where they go with the baby storyline. yoda's species and origins were always a mystery.
- a little thin on character, but it is only the first episode.
- it was short and it sucks that they aren't dropping all of the episodes at once.
overall really good and i'm excited for favreau and filoni to keep building out this universe.
It's gonna hurt for a bit of time
So bottoms up, let's forget tonight
Message Thread | This response ↓|
i watched the mandalorian last night (sp) - biclops November 13, 2019, 8:40:16
- dear lucasfilm (chapter 5 sp) - biclops Yesterday, 18:41:41
- Two questions/thoughts (sp) - illini November 30, 2019, 11:56:27
- Sp - Cunativeson Yesterday, 15:49:10
- Sp - CanHartlebHireSnider Yesterday, 16:00:00
- Re: Sp - gig Yesterday, 16:20:26
- Agreed - Cunativeson Yesterday, 16:04:43
- Spoiler alert. Yoda lives. * - memyselfandillini November 30, 2019, 2:55:45
- very confusing - bbonb November 29, 2019, 21:27:07
- chapter 4 with another classic western storyline (sp) - biclops November 29, 2019, 14:56:45
- as a new(ish) father, I kept thinking...(sp) - Cunativeson November 25, 2019, 13:45:05
- I just discovered that my older Apple TV can't get Disney+ - Tortillini November 25, 2019, 11:40:52
- Just watched all 3 (sp) - gig November 24, 2019, 21:28:26
- chapter 3 was the best of the series so far* - biclops November 22, 2019, 17:42:19
- I love and hate baby Yoda - Sammich November 22, 2019, 13:17:29
- why does baby yoda have wrinkles?* - gig November 22, 2019, 12:33:01
- The cynical among us probably realized this, but Disney is readying - BoCool November 22, 2019, 12:31:37
- Ep 2 was sweet (sp). - nash November 16, 2019, 8:32:45
- The Werner Herzog quotes relating to this are kind of hilarious. - gvibes November 13, 2019, 19:55:36
- holds up to a second viewing. moves really fast * - biclops November 13, 2019, 19:31:58
- Just finished it with mini. We both liked it. * - ATL November 13, 2019, 19:31:37
- It's a movie? damn, i thought it was a series * - MC November 13, 2019, 11:56:33
- one theory I read about the ending (sp) - IlliniSax05 November 13, 2019, 9:54:46
- the thing that bothered me the most is his voice sounding like john cusack. and since he didn't take - torinese November 13, 2019, 9:52:56
- Yeah, it's good. I'm glad they're not dropping all at once. Binge culture is toxic. * - doubledown November 13, 2019, 9:02:14
- Very much liked it as well.* - nash November 13, 2019, 9:00:02
« Back to index | View thread »