back in a dark time of my life (fiance left me, depression)
I found Osteen and White "spoke" to me....I was drawn to their message.
I outgrew it, like I grew out of that dark time.
I had a similar experience with "born-agains" on the UofI campus. My grandfather passed away and they tried to actively recruit me.
I've always had a bad taste in my mouth from that first experience and am getting more and more of the same taste as I've seen Osteen and White progress through the years.
They are just the new versions of Jim Baker, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robinson, etc.
They are oil snake salesmen/women and the public is falling for them again
"Nominate a clown, get a circus."....VIV
Trump eres un pendejo
Courage is a muscle. You exercise courage by consistently doing things that scare you.
History doesnít repeat itself but it often rhymes.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Iíve never seen Prosperity Gospel so purely distilled - VIV November 22, 2019, 6:51:10
- Wow. #### him* - longsnapper November 22, 2019, 9:28:12
- And, of course - VIV November 22, 2019, 8:56:25
- back in a dark time of my life (fiance left me, depression) - TarheelIllini November 22, 2019, 8:52:50
- Unreal. I canít believe I ever was on board with charismatic theology* - jumpingdan November 22, 2019, 8:46:40
- Just repugnant* - Jackie November 22, 2019, 8:43:53
- On a side note, appearance/dress in church was the first time I noticed the hypocrisy - Taz November 22, 2019, 8:19:44
- The worst* - John Coctostan November 22, 2019, 8:08:47
- EWWWWWWW.* - KingTalkyTiki November 22, 2019, 7:57:23
- Give so I can get this camel through this needle!* - SurfTheBoneyard November 22, 2019, 7:42:20
- Gross. I'd love to see a rebuttal from Rev. Dr. Barber* - opey8 November 22, 2019, 7:13:32
« Back to index | View thread »