[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
For the longest time, Sox would go one year too short.
Seemed like if the market was 4 years for $100 million, the Sox would offer 3 years for $75 million and say their offer was "equivalent" or whatever.
Eh. As many have pointed out, Jerry's in his 80's and if he wants to see another parade... time to get spendin'.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Abreu and Sox agree to 3 yr. $50m deal per Sox twitter - DanSaint November 22, 2019, 10:42:07
- This feels like a lifetime achievement award contract for a guy who hasn’t really done that much - OB25 November 22, 2019, 16:07:40
- Would have preferred two years but I still like it* - MtHoodIllini November 22, 2019, 16:04:45
- go get the right fielder now - apusikam November 22, 2019, 12:14:28
- At this point maybe go sign Encarnavion for a year to DH - bjl63 November 22, 2019, 12:04:21
- Reading between the lines - Corky St Claire November 22, 2019, 11:23:32
- Meh. And makes me even more certain Cole/Strasburg ain't happening* - HamptonSki November 22, 2019, 10:55:12
- One year too many but otherwise reasonable* - bjl63 November 22, 2019, 10:42:55
« Back to index | View thread »