Obvs my situation is different than most. But right now, the really difficult thing is
Trying to be the cool moms where everyone hangs out at our house and balancing that with the teens wanting to make bad choices and also expecting us to pay for everything for everyone all the time (I am not an average deucer).
Not sure what the answer is yet.
teens all over again?
Man, it is tough to feel like you're doing the right thing at this stage.
Bill Cubit and the Not Ideals with their hit rendition of "Not a Dagger"
#bowlorbust #tourneyorbust #noexcuses
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Sidejack for olds who are parents of olds: what would you do differently if you had to parent your - Jackie January 14, 2020, 11:31:40
- If our 13yo ever hears about emancipation, heíd be all over that like a banshee* - timmer January 15, 2020, 9:44:47
- Everything seemed SO important at the time. It was not. You do what you think is - Samricky January 14, 2020, 21:34:18
- No direct experience and probably not helpful - DT January 14, 2020, 20:29:34
- Let them fail more. - Illiniphil January 14, 2020, 14:52:44
- To answer your question - LPAD January 14, 2020, 12:59:02
- I would've like to have done *something* differently so that she did not end up being a - Philo January 14, 2020, 12:55:25
- Side jack: does anyone else have kids who curse a lot? - LPAD January 14, 2020, 12:25:54
- My daughter never cussed, but she's also never heard me cuss. Her mom otoh. :eek * - Philo January 15, 2020, 9:04:10
- Sailors blush when they hear our kids talk* - timmer January 15, 2020, 8:41:39
- Not really, but after a trip to Zaxby's my 10 y/o puts a Z in front of curse words. - EffinIllini January 15, 2020, 8:29:17
- Mine don't swear, but my five year old uses the lord's name in vain constantly* - gvibes January 14, 2020, 21:36:22
- my kids have never cussed in front of me - bbonb January 14, 2020, 20:15:47
- Occasionally my 13 year old will use words that aren't banned on television - GMAW January 14, 2020, 12:55:48
- My working theory is that every 12yo from time immemorial has been a pottymouth* - Jackie January 14, 2020, 12:42:54
- No more than i do* - Taz January 14, 2020, 12:28:20
- 1.Identify their love language. 2. Wrap everything I do (discipline, support, etc) in that love - Jack McMurdo January 14, 2020, 12:02:32
- Just understand that no matter how hard you try - Sounder January 14, 2020, 11:45:33
- Obvs my situation is different than most. But right now, the really difficult thing is - Taz January 14, 2020, 11:44:47
- don't sweat the small stuff too much - Potomac January 14, 2020, 11:41:44
« Back to index | View thread »