I enjoyed the first time i watched it but absolutely cannot stand it on the second watch*
There are certainly things to criticize, and it wasn’t a great movie by any stretch. But I was pretty well satisfied with the ending, which at this point was the only bar I was hoping they’d clear.
One thing that struck me watching it, though, was how almost all of the movies since the original trilogy had way too many scene changes. Every 10 minutes the characters would jet off to some entirely new planet. It was a real weakness—made the movies too choppy and disjointed, and also gave all of the settings a superficial feel. You’d get maybe 90 seconds with some new setting and alien race, and then, boom, off you’d go to another place.
It was especially bad in the prequel trilogy, but has also been a problem with a lot of the more recent films.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Finally got around to watching Rise of Skywalker. It was fine. - DT May 22, 2020, 6:48:23
- I haven't seen The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. After the Force Awakens, I lost all interest. - IlliniRunner May 22, 2020, 14:04:33
- I commented on the scene changes at the time - Blazer May 22, 2020, 13:59:08
- 100% agree on scene changes. they wanted to cram as much of the universe in as they could* - torinese May 22, 2020, 10:03:19
- two directors on two completely different pages - biclops May 22, 2020, 8:25:01
- it was better than the "OMG ITS AWFUL" reviews it was getting - VIV May 22, 2020, 8:24:10
- I enjoyed the first time i watched it but absolutely cannot stand it on the second watch* - CoronaTheirAss May 22, 2020, 6:52:23
« Back to index | View thread »