and you have to frame it in the context of it essentially having to retcon all of the last jedi. it's a jumbled, rushed, frantic mess because it has to squeeze in an entire movie's worth of story (what JJ wanted #8 to be) into the first 45 minutes of this one in order to get all the characters where he wanted them to be to tell this story.
that said, it's still got massive flaws (the video game quest nature of the whole thing, bringing palpatine back and the lineage with that, so many things with the final battle), but i still liked it 1000 times more than TLJ.
I got my pride, I drink my wine
I'd drink the finest 'cept I haven't earned a dime in several months
Or were it years?
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Finally got around to watching Rise of Skywalker. It was fine. - DT May 22, 2020, 6:48:23
- I haven't seen The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. After the Force Awakens, I lost all interest. - IlliniRunner May 22, 2020, 14:04:33
- I commented on the scene changes at the time - Blazer May 22, 2020, 13:59:08
- 100% agree on scene changes. they wanted to cram as much of the universe in as they could* - torinese May 22, 2020, 10:03:19
- two directors on two completely different pages - biclops May 22, 2020, 8:25:01
- it was better than the "OMG ITS AWFUL" reviews it was getting - VIV May 22, 2020, 8:24:10
- I enjoyed the first time i watched it but absolutely cannot stand it on the second watch* - CoronaTheirAss May 22, 2020, 6:52:23
« Back to index | View thread »