a full trilogy of either JJ or Johnson would have been much better*
Looking back, the really baffling part was hiring Johnson and green lighting him for the changes he made.
I would have liked to see a full trilogy with Johnsonís post-heroic sensibility, but can understand why that isnít what the studio wanted, and why they went with Abrams to begin with. But if youíre going to go with a warmed over original trilogy, then do it, donít get cute and spend the whole second movie subverting everything.
johnson (last jedi) felt the need to undo a lot of what abrams did (force awakens) to tell the story he wanted to tell.
abrams then felt he had to cram in 1.5 movies to get the pieces back to where he wanted them to be for rise of skywalker. that's why the first act had such a frenetic pace.
i blame kathleen kennedy.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Finally got around to watching Rise of Skywalker. It was fine. - DT May 22, 2020, 6:48:23
- I haven't seen The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. After the Force Awakens, I lost all interest. - IlliniRunner May 22, 2020, 14:04:33
- I commented on the scene changes at the time - Blazer May 22, 2020, 13:59:08
- 100% agree on scene changes. they wanted to cram as much of the universe in as they could* - torinese May 22, 2020, 10:03:19
- two directors on two completely different pages - biclops May 22, 2020, 8:25:01
- it was better than the "OMG ITS AWFUL" reviews it was getting - VIV May 22, 2020, 8:24:10
- I enjoyed the first time i watched it but absolutely cannot stand it on the second watch* - CoronaTheirAss May 22, 2020, 6:52:23
« Back to index | View thread »