the studio not knowing what they wanted is the big problem...
look at the issues with Rogue One. They wanted a dark gritty war movie, and supposedly that is what Gareth Edwards was delivering. But turns out, that's not what they wanted, so they did a bunch of script tinkering and brought in Tony Gillroy to reshoot a bunch of the movie. Edwards went along with it, so he wasn't removed as the official director.
Solo, they wanted a comedic movie and brought in Lord & Miller. And oit sounds like that was what they were delivering, but it turns out that's not what they wanted (again). But this time, Lord and Miller didn't play ball, so they were removed and replaced with Ron Howard. I enjoy the movie, but it is a little bland.
And then you see the same issue with 7/8/9, jumping around from JJ to Rian to JJ (not even mentioning Treverow) with nobody telling them what the story is, they are just winging it.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Finally got around to watching Rise of Skywalker. It was fine. - DT May 22, 2020, 6:48:23
- I haven't seen The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. After the Force Awakens, I lost all interest. - IlliniRunner May 22, 2020, 14:04:33
- I commented on the scene changes at the time - Blazer May 22, 2020, 13:59:08
- 100% agree on scene changes. they wanted to cram as much of the universe in as they could* - torinese May 22, 2020, 10:03:19
- two directors on two completely different pages - biclops May 22, 2020, 8:25:01
- it was better than the "OMG ITS AWFUL" reviews it was getting - VIV May 22, 2020, 8:24:10
- I enjoyed the first time i watched it but absolutely cannot stand it on the second watch* - CoronaTheirAss May 22, 2020, 6:52:23
« Back to index | View thread »