Rosati's in Temecula is very good*
a really good place since I got to Cali.
Ever had pizza in Temecula/Murrieta, Bob?
I'm a pizza-holic but being one can become an expensive habit. Normally I will do a partial homemade (pre-made crust with my sauce/cheese/toppings) but I'll also go full homemade, dine in (I am not a carry-out or delivery guy because I think pizza looses a lot), and yes, frozen.
For what it's worth, I'm an italian sausage guy (true Chicagoan) as the only topping and will usually do 1 sausage and then either a mushroom/olive or ham/pineapple for other family members.
My go-to premade crust is a nice value as well...Golden Home ultra thin 2-pack at 99 cent only stores for $1.99. Sauce is a mix of Pastorelli Pizza Sauce, crushed tomatoes, and Penzey's pizza seasoning. Add toppings and then a mix of whole and part skim mozz with maybe a little other cheeses mixed in (cheddar, romano, parmesan, etc). Pretty darn good light/crisp pizza for very reasonable cost.
As far as frozen, I'm all over the place...Jack's is great value but Wally World here not carrying plain cheese any more, Home Run Inn if/when I can get it here on sale (normally $8-12 each here in CA).
Ok, what's your go-to frozen pizza brands and styles (many brands have multiple styles!).
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Homemade pizza and favorite frozen pizza brands/styles? - RSMBob July 14, 2020, 14:26:17
- No pics, but pellet grilled two Papa Murphy’s tonight. Awesome stuff. Did the NY XL and a - harb July 17, 2020, 22:16:53
- Home Run Inn made on the grill* - IlliniOllie July 15, 2020, 17:35:46
- Schwan's frozen thin is the best I've had. * - ibdoc July 15, 2020, 15:02:03
- DiGiorno stuffed crust or Screamin' Sicilian* - jayd July 15, 2020, 14:59:44
- Butch’s Pork House or GTFO* - Sounder July 14, 2020, 19:16:45
- Gino’s East by far the best frozen pizza I’ve had* - CubsWonWorldSeries July 14, 2020, 19:10:10
- I'm making homemade pizza sauce tomorrow night.* - ATL July 14, 2020, 17:34:35
- Another frozen pizza that’s pretty solid is TJs pizza. * - harb July 14, 2020, 16:41:22
- a Lotza Motzza pizza usually sits in my freezer in case of emergency - ijustkrushalot July 14, 2020, 16:31:06
- Related: I'm having trouble finding a good thin (crispy) crust pizza-dough recipe. - Kajagoogoo July 14, 2020, 15:48:50
- Frozen: Freschetta or DiGiorno rising crust* - ArtVandelay July 14, 2020, 15:45:16
- I've noticed a precipitous drop in quality from Jack's lately - Sammich July 14, 2020, 15:44:58
- Don't eat frozen. Haven't found a decent place around here. Heck, haven't found... - Tuscy July 14, 2020, 15:36:38
- I live right by a Fresh Bros. Pretty good pizza, plus their sliders, greek salad, etc.* - Warrin'_Illini July 14, 2020, 20:17:11
- FYI there are a lot of "good" pizza places in SoCal...and even "very good", multiple styles - RSMBob July 14, 2020, 16:04:01
- Rosati's in Temecula is very good* - RSMBob July 14, 2020, 15:59:24
- mama celeste is the only one that has stood the test of time* - suburbanmyth July 14, 2020, 15:36:23
- Maybe too much of it in college, but haven't found good frozen pizza, but found this at CostCo. . - Savoy July 14, 2020, 15:33:28
- We have been making at home about fifty % of time. Kroger private selection mostly for bought. - BoCool July 14, 2020, 15:26:24
- For frozen, I will give my usual plug for Red Baron or Stouffers French bread pizzas - OB25 July 14, 2020, 15:05:39
- For fresh pizza, usually just go to Papa Murphy’s and get one to cook at home, for frozen, whatever - harb July 14, 2020, 15:01:01
- For frozen, lately we've been into the Sam's club Member's Mark cheese - Blazer July 14, 2020, 14:36:55
- i rarely eat frozen pizza anymore* but if I do I go for Red Baron thin crust sausage - IlliniSax05 July 14, 2020, 14:34:40
- DiGiornos is good for their 3 meat stuffed crust. Other than that, I go Jack's or Gino's East brand* - DanSaint July 14, 2020, 14:28:44
« Back to index | View thread »