I don't know if this is true:
what I read (and, mind you, some of this had inadvertently come from Facebook) was that the income tax *could* become progressive, but that there could also be additional taxes added. Like, "special 1% tax over $100k for balancing the pension fund".
But I do not know the veracity of that.
Called out Pritzger for doing nothing about property taxes (but saying he would) before trying for a bigger money grab.
Not sure why it's an LOL....the Democrats have run the state to the brink of bankruptcy. I don't trust them to make change for a dollar, let alone do something productive with more of my money than they already get.
say hello to shinzo.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Don't remember seeing this posted. Trib editorial fires both barrels at Pritzger and Madigan. - Illiniphil July 15, 2020, 9:01:05
- Everybody saying that nothing can be done is really not sustainable. - londoner July 17, 2020, 10:20:47
- Bankruptcy or a Federal bailout are the only options. - ihpsdm July 17, 2020, 10:57:20
- Eh? Chicago is still the most attractive city in the midwest* - ECEIllinois July 17, 2020, 10:29:19
- Ok, but there are areas other than the Midwest that people can choose to settle in. * - londoner July 17, 2020, 10:39:57
- Yet, we have seen the largest drop in population this decade.* - PrkrLewis July 17, 2020, 10:34:45
- raw numbers don't tell the whole story. inflow of educated 20-somethings to chicago during last 10 - cpsteine July 17, 2020, 10:57:34
- My thesis is some of the population drop in chicago can be attributed to single or dual-income - ijustkrushalot July 17, 2020, 13:43:32
- Wherever he is, BigBop's ears just perked up* - longsnapper July 17, 2020, 11:06:13
- How many of those educated 20-somethings leave once they have kids who are 3 or 4 years old?* - IlliniOllie July 17, 2020, 11:01:57
- Right, it's becoming a more global big city while pricing out a lot of people - reggiedunlop July 17, 2020, 11:01:52
- Eh? I think Detroit, Cleveland and St. Louis have seen bigger declines. - ihpsdm July 17, 2020, 10:55:21
- Itís a slippery slope. JB gets this passed under the assumption that he is only raising taxes on the - PrkrLewis July 15, 2020, 10:29:21
- tl;dr: Don't tax me, bro!* - Jackie July 15, 2020, 9:12:10
- When is Madigan going to die?* - cpsteine July 15, 2020, 9:08:39
- This isn't news. Did you really expect a different editorial from the Tribune?* - ihpsdm July 15, 2020, 9:08:30
- Pay Wall. if it's bitching about the progressive income tax - ijustkrushalot July 15, 2020, 9:06:21
- It's "Do you trust Illinois Democrats to do anything different if they get more of your money?" - Illiniphil July 15, 2020, 9:14:42
- They (the Tribune and the IPI) never offer solutions. They just complain about the problem. - ihpsdm July 15, 2020, 9:22:35
- That's the GOP's entire platform: complain about problems, offer no solutions* - Desert July 17, 2020, 10:02:22
- Didn't the State implement a huge tax increase just 3 years ago? - HectorVillanueva19 July 15, 2020, 11:50:24
- Trib has repeatedly proposed pension reform, if that counts* - Potomac July 15, 2020, 9:46:10
- Well, in their defense, it's not really the editors' job to come up with solutions - Jackie July 15, 2020, 9:26:41
- I'll admit if I was an Illinois resident I would have voted for Rauner - ijustkrushalot July 15, 2020, 9:25:41
- I hate Madigan as much as any Republican, but flat income tax is a joke* - Jackie July 15, 2020, 9:18:53
- I don't know if this is true: - ghost_of_clt July 15, 2020, 9:24:11
- Bitching about the progressive income tax AND lack of property tax relief - Jackie July 15, 2020, 9:12:49
- JB has done a good job handling the virus. I'll give him that* - bjl63 July 15, 2020, 9:04:20
« Back to index | View thread »