Stances don't have to be public knowledge. But in your definition, yes we agree*
One guy left nothing to the imagination. He told you anyone who does this is disrespectful.
The other guy didn’t criticize his teammates at all, explained why he supported the movement and just said he wasn’t participating in kneeling.
You can presume whatever you like, but if a stance is someone’s public opinions/displays on a matter, I’m not sure how one could think these are similar at all.
Also, Brees being attacked for what he's been consistently saying since 2016 negates the teammate argument IMO. It's not like his opinion on the matter wasn't out there.
Because the reaction from Brees’ teammates and the reaction from Meyers’ teammates seem to be in pretty stark contrast.
I think Meyers addressed the entire matter far more adeptly than Drew did, but believe that their reasons are the same.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Meyers Leonard on standing during the anthem during Saturday’s game: - MC August 1, 2020, 16:29:23
- Hard not to respect a thoughtful, reasonable kid. - SixthandGreen August 3, 2020, 8:42:52
- more meyers , specifically asked if he thinks kneeling is disrespectful - assassin August 2, 2020, 12:06:16
- Eff Myles Leonard and his refusal to kneel. Everyone is kneeling. KNEEL - timmer August 2, 2020, 5:29:16
- I understand his POV and see nothing wrong with it.* - ATL August 1, 2020, 22:11:08
- Moral of the story is playing the national anthem before sporting events is dumb.* - Herman Blume August 1, 2020, 21:27:47
- Even worse is playing God Bless America in the 7th inning still* - bjl63 August 1, 2020, 23:15:36
- Family feud “good answer” nod. * - illini August 1, 2020, 22:48:14
- Yep* - ATL August 1, 2020, 22:11:21
- Correct - snipes824 August 1, 2020, 22:01:36
- Soooo Truuuue* - IlliniRunner August 1, 2020, 21:39:54
- As a veteran, i agree with him 100%. If we have to kneel OR if we can't kneel, both - Taz August 1, 2020, 21:16:45
- Others: Pop, Becky Hammons, Jonathan Isaacs. - Chicago Joe August 1, 2020, 20:59:22
- This was essentially Drew Brees' stance and he got crushed for it* - ilinni11 August 1, 2020, 20:50:39
- at no point did Meyers say kneeling was disrespectful - assassin August 1, 2020, 21:21:11
- Nah, his stance was three-point.* - Chicago Joe August 1, 2020, 21:00:33
- No, they’re quite different. Reminder of what Brees said inside my post. - Carl Spackler August 1, 2020, 20:55:57
- I don't see Leonard accusing anyone of disrespecting the flag - larue33 August 1, 2020, 20:55:55
- Good for him, he's a good kid* - MtHoodIllini August 1, 2020, 17:01:00
- All that matters is that the guys in the locker room are cool with it. Sounds like they are* - HamptonSki August 1, 2020, 16:49:04
- Hard to find fault with his reasoning. Good for him. * - harb August 1, 2020, 16:40:21
« Back to index | View thread »