Ok, here you go Archived Message
Posted by illiniranger on January 9, 2020, 9:51:30, in reply to "welp, let's crack open this sternum then *"
1. Somewhat. Couple nice wins, couple real bad losses, still murky. |
2. At least 8 Ws. 3-0 vs the easiest non con we’ve ever played and a 5-4 B1G record with RU and IU as 2 of 3 cross division games. PJ Fleck won 11 games with basically the projected 2020 team in terms of experience. Lovie needs to win at least 8. The team will go as Peters goes. If he’s Tanner Morgan, 8 Ws is there if not more. If he’s this years Brandon Peters (like 55% completions and < 7.0 YPA) then I don’t see 8 Ws.
3. I think we’re going to struggle to consistently get to bowls. PU, MN trending up (PU murkier but strong recruiting classes back to back). NW trending down, but a proven coach that tends to make a whole better than the sum of its parts. IA and WI look like they always do. NEB recruiting looms over the division; they could be very good in short order.
Just don’t think we’re recruiting well enough to get there. We’re maybe building to one team (next year) and then we’ll slump back down into hoping for 6 Ws.
I was driving around California for a week after the game
1. Satisfaction with this year?
2. Expectation for next year?
3. Feeling on direction of the program?
Me: Mostly positive/similar results/Comfortably at peace
- Have we done a football postmortem? - ijustkrushalot January 9, 2020, 9:40:03
- For fun: some of the actual headcounts at the football games. :-( - osklister January 9, 2020, 15:17:28
- 1. Bowl, so satisfied 2. Better than this year - illfan23 January 9, 2020, 15:03:13
- Ooo - Taz January 9, 2020, 14:58:07
- 1. Good 2. Greatness 3. Good* - lp January 9, 2020, 14:47:58
- Mostly positive about this year - illini21 January 9, 2020, 14:47:02
- Good year. Confident in next year because I think Peters is capable of a carry-job. - MC January 9, 2020, 10:06:38
- Still basking in the glow of the latest 1 point win over Wisconsin * - jdl January 9, 2020, 9:54:24
- Need a big year next year - CanHartlebHireSnider January 9, 2020, 9:51:02
- Ooo - bjl63 January 9, 2020, 9:48:44
- dots - Detlef January 9, 2020, 9:46:51
- last three games / results sort of soured me - Dilbert January 9, 2020, 9:46:15
- My satisfaction with the year was severely damaged by NW/Cal - snipes824 January 9, 2020, 9:43:48
- We have not * - illiniranger January 9, 2020, 9:41:01