Iíll make yet another comparison to MN Ď18 Archived Message
Posted by illiniranger on January 9, 2020, 9:56:06, in reply to "My satisfaction with the year was severely damaged by NW/Cal"
They won 3 of their last 4, all over bowl teams and by two scores. We lost 3 of our last 4, one to the second worst team in the conference, all by two or more scores. |
MN Ď18 was clearly trending up and lots of people thought they could win 9 games this year. Our progression isnít remotely that clear.
Expectations for next year were subsequently lowered (though they will rise again in August).
I still feel the direction of the program is up, though the angle is like 15 degrees, not the hoped for 45.
I was driving around California for a week after the game
1. Satisfaction with this year?
2. Expectation for next year?
3. Feeling on direction of the program?
Me: Mostly positive/similar results/Comfortably at peace
- Have we done a football postmortem? - ijustkrushalot January 9, 2020, 9:40:03
- For fun: some of the actual headcounts at the football games. :-( - osklister January 9, 2020, 15:17:28
- 1. Bowl, so satisfied 2. Better than this year - illfan23 January 9, 2020, 15:03:13
- Ooo - Taz January 9, 2020, 14:58:07
- 1. Good 2. Greatness 3. Good* - lp January 9, 2020, 14:47:58
- Mostly positive about this year - illini21 January 9, 2020, 14:47:02
- Good year. Confident in next year because I think Peters is capable of a carry-job. - MC January 9, 2020, 10:06:38
- Still basking in the glow of the latest 1 point win over Wisconsin * - jdl January 9, 2020, 9:54:24
- Need a big year next year - CanHartlebHireSnider January 9, 2020, 9:51:02
- Ooo - bjl63 January 9, 2020, 9:48:44
- dots - Detlef January 9, 2020, 9:46:51
- last three games / results sort of soured me - Dilbert January 9, 2020, 9:46:15
- My satisfaction with the year was severely damaged by NW/Cal - snipes824 January 9, 2020, 9:43:48
- Iíll make yet another comparison to MN Ď18 - illiniranger January 9, 2020, 9:56:06
- We have not * - illiniranger January 9, 2020, 9:41:01