1. Great defensive game plan in the first half. Iowa had to bench Touissant because of how we were playing him. Unfortunately, we made the guy shooting 30% from the 3 point line shoot 3s and he drained them (McCafferey). In the 2nd half, we were way too aggressive guarding guys like Pemsl and Evelyn. Should have taken a similar approach to them that we took to Touissant. Their bench (including Pemsl and Eveyln) scored 0 points.
2. Giorgi could not guard Garza, so much so that we had to try Kipper on him. Couldn't keep Kofi off the court as long as we did. Kofi finished with 3 fouls. Just dumb. When Kofi and Garza were in the game, neither could get anything going in the post against one another.
3. Just so many mental mistakes. Ayo throws the ball away on inbounds passes twice, Giorgi's ridiculous TO late, stepping out of bounds twice. Just can't make those TOs.
4. Kofi is so freakin' soft with the ball. It makes sense why people say that he had never really lifted weights before. A guy his size should not be getting stripped as easily as he does.
5. Trent seems to start games so hot and then disappear second half. Wonder if what we ask him to do on defense just drains him.
6. Andres Feliz is a damn bulldog.
7. CJ Fredrick is going to be so annoying for 3 more years.
Team played a good game but not a great game. And that will cost you on the road.