Absolutely agree. When it was 2 classes, the State Tourney was must-see TV for A & AA. Archived Message
Posted by illinilosch on February 4, 2020, 9:28:21, in reply to "They ruined it by changing to 4 classes*"
But in the past 15 or so years when it got expanded to 4 classes, I could only recall a handful of teams and how they did at that respective tournament for that particular year. When it was 2 classes, I could probably recall ever single State champ going back into the 1970's. But lately I could not recall anyone because I don't care. Unless an Illini recruit is playing (ex: EJ Lidell for Belleville Althoff), the current setup for IHSA State Tournament only matters to the locals of the school that's representing. |
I remember one reason cited for going to Peoria is that IHSA wanted it to be a 'hot ticket' and that wasn't happening at the Hall. You could hold most of the games at Parkland's gym now and it wouldn't be a hot ticket, but maybe a change would generate a little more interest for a while. Still no good venue for the associated activities, though.
- Apparently Champaign is making another push to get the IHSA finals? - ijustkrushalot February 3, 2020, 16:19:17
- #### Peoria. Hated living in that town.* - nash February 3, 2020, 18:37:46
- That's where it should be* - PapaDels February 3, 2020, 16:54:11
- yup* - gig February 4, 2020, 7:49:10
- So many great memories spending weekends there watching high school hoops - Sounder February 3, 2020, 16:35:56
- I think there's a chance this time. - larue33 February 3, 2020, 16:35:09
- must be going back to the single-class schedule * - Pooter February 3, 2020, 16:33:22
- still pissed we didnt play in champaign* - reggiedunlop February 3, 2020, 16:24:33