I *was* really into it. I subscribed to ancestry.com, interviewed aging relatives, Archived Message
Posted by Philo on February 4, 2020, 19:35:33, in reply to "How curious are you about your ancestry?"
contacted long lost relatives, and acted as the clearinghouse for old photos, articles and stuff. I looked forward to being that old guy that descendants would go to when they wanted info. |
Now, Iím 99% sure that I wonít be having any grandkids so Iíve kinda lost the passion for it. Iíll probably pass all the files off to someone who is more interested than me.
Iím watching Finding Your Roots on PBS and realizing I couldnít care less about my lineage.
- How curious are you about your ancestry? - PapaDels February 4, 2020, 19:26:08
- Not particularly as Iím convinced itís pretty boring * - torinese February 4, 2020, 21:41:31
- my father traced both sides back to Europe but canít go much further back than that - biclops February 4, 2020, 20:25:32
- Through our great great grandmother we can trace one relative back to the 13th century or so.... - LeatherneckIllini February 4, 2020, 20:17:30
- Its one of my favorite hobbies. And I found out I descend from Jenny Wiley; which is pretty cool. - Smitto February 4, 2020, 20:01:30
- Pretty curious, but not curious enough to do anything about it* - snipes824 February 4, 2020, 19:47:27
- My mom has her side (or at least some of it) back to the revolution - DT February 4, 2020, 19:46:39
- Zero* - assassin February 4, 2020, 19:45:03
- We have it all the way back to the 1700s in Deutschland. * - BoCool February 4, 2020, 19:40:34
- Got it pretty far back....on all by my Dad's maternal side - KingTalkyTiki February 4, 2020, 19:40:29
- Pretty interested. I found the ship that brought my namesake ancestors over in 1850... - lp February 4, 2020, 19:37:11
- I *was* really into it. I subscribed to ancestry.com, interviewed aging relatives, - Philo February 4, 2020, 19:35:33
- Not much, but it's a vocation for my sister. * - larue33 February 4, 2020, 19:33:40
- Traced back as far as traceable - Stu February 4, 2020, 19:32:29
- I have my family tree (paterlinial) plotted out for the past 800 years or so - ATL February 4, 2020, 19:28:34