Lol, thanks for that * Archived Message
Posted by meanjeans on February 5, 2020, 8:01:13, in reply to "she's being driven mad by the sounds of a squeaky ficus tree*"
night. Tonight, she woke up around 3am and was just kind of pacing around, then started pawing at the door. Ok, I take her to the kitchen and let her out. Goes number one and number two. Doesnít do that at night hardly ever but ok. Then proceeds to eat the rest of her dinner from earlier. Not odd at all that she didnít finish dinner, but never ate in the middle of the night before.
Then it gets weirder. She wonít come back to bed. I go back to bed and she comes in with me, but just walks around for a minute and then goes back out to the family room / kitchen. Sheís looking at the door like she wants to go for a walk, stands up and puts her paws on my legs like she wants to go for a walk. Itís 3:30 in the morning.
I pick her up and physically bring her to bed. She stays in bed about 5 seconds and gets up and comes back out. Not apparently in any distress, but still looking at the front door. We decide to just let her be. I go back to bed.
About 45 minutes later she barks. I wake up and run out to the kitchen, sheís looking at the door. I bring her back to bed again. She immediately wants to get up, but I actually try to restrain her a little in my arms, tell her itís ok, calm down. This goes on about a minute with her fighting me the whole time, I finally let her go again.
I try to go back to sleep but canít. 15 min later itís now 5:00 so I just decide Iíll start my day. Come back out and sheís sitting on the couch calmly, looking at the front door. I make coffee. Sit down next to her and wrap blankets around her. All good, not fighting me, snuggles up. I cover her completely with a blanket over her head (she likes to sleep burrowed under the covers). All good, doesnít fight me. She curls up and goes to sleep and is still asleep 10 min later.
I canít for the life of me figure out what this was all about. Anything here make any sense? Like if we had an earthquake right now Iíd be like oh, now I get why she was acting so weird.
- My dog is acting so weird. She sleeps in bed with us every night, and always sleeps through the - meanjeans February 5, 2020, 7:42:11
- Sounds like her normal schedule was thrown off somehow. - Figs February 5, 2020, 9:35:32
- she's preparing you for fatherhood by waking you up in the middle of the night* - Gene Parmesan February 5, 2020, 9:33:29
- My real answer is that she has an upset stomach* - Taz February 5, 2020, 8:38:08
- My only thoughts are something out of the ordinary going on outside. - JFG February 5, 2020, 8:16:46
- Two other things I didnít mention that couldnít possibly be it but add to the weirdness - meanjeans February 5, 2020, 8:08:34
- This is my nightly routine with my cat.* - Stu February 5, 2020, 7:54:35
- she's being driven mad by the sounds of a squeaky ficus tree* - biclops February 5, 2020, 7:54:04
- Lol, thanks for that * - meanjeans February 5, 2020, 8:01:13
- or ghosts* - biclops February 5, 2020, 7:54:19
- Paranormal activity * - Taz February 5, 2020, 7:50:14