6a* Archived Message
Posted by Stu on February 5, 2020, 11:55:28, in reply to "Sounds just right. What's the growing region? 6?*"
And a huge-ass river out back.
A house in a suburb surrounded by other houses, less likely.
it was built by an great-grandparent say. Would you t buy it and fix it up, as it is in a state of disrepair, and you wouldn't mind living there, even if it wasn't ideal, just for the historical context?
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Based on a real life situation: you or your wife's ancestral home goes up for sale - Stu February 5, 2020, 10:59:53 [poll]
- My grandfather built the house I grew up in. My mom lived there 3 different times in her life and - Warrin'_Illini February 5, 2020, 15:14:40
- Too many variables but Iíd consider moving home if I could* - DoucheLaloosh February 5, 2020, 14:56:05
- Using the deuce results to convince your wife this is a bad idea is... a bad idea. * - uofi1998 February 5, 2020, 14:46:06
- kinda wish my maternal grandparent's home was still in the family - ijustkrushalot February 5, 2020, 13:44:04
- actually, we're in the actual situation - TarheelIllini February 5, 2020, 13:40:42
- Burn it down, if it hasnít happened already* - timmer February 5, 2020, 13:18:41
- This happened to us. Built around 1860 outside Augusta, IL in rural Hancock County.... - LeatherneckIllini February 5, 2020, 12:53:34
- My grandpa built his house in 1947. - ghost_of_clt February 5, 2020, 11:57:41
- Mine's not ancestral since we built it, but it would be cool if it stayed in the family* - reggiedunlop February 5, 2020, 11:57:31
- I don't have one of those on my side - VIV February 5, 2020, 11:51:04
- don't caaaaaaaaaaaare* - gvibes February 5, 2020, 11:44:38
- Didn't even consider buying my childhood home that had been in my family since before my great grand - eta February 5, 2020, 11:44:32
- do you have to worry about an old caretaker claiming the house is haunted?... - shua February 5, 2020, 11:36:52
- Throwing out all the other factors, the huge burden of trying to fix up a really old house... - DT February 5, 2020, 11:33:16
- my wife's ancestral home(s) are in a different country that we don't desire to live in* - torinese February 5, 2020, 11:21:22
- If it was sitting on a large piece of land, no doubt I'd buy it. If it was - longsnapper February 5, 2020, 11:10:59
- Sure, if I had money to burn. - EffinIllini February 5, 2020, 11:06:48
- Yeah. What the #### else are we here for other than waiting around to die* - lp February 5, 2020, 11:02:06
- Given that my great grandparents lived in the middle of damn nowhere on a farm, no - Cunativeson February 5, 2020, 11:02:06