Buy a Toyota* Archived Message
Posted by Stu on February 26, 2021, 1:59:11, in reply to "Well crap...engine transmission replacement warranty question"
So, torque converter went out on my son's 2010 For Fusion and local shop says torque converter shot and needs a new transmission.
Used tranny and install is about $3200 out the door.
Tranny was replaced with a used transmission June 2019, 18K miles ago $2900. Attached warranty is 3 years/36K miles
Warranty is also subject to the following Ts and Cs (among other things) that Vehicle must be returned for a free 500 mile checkup.
My son never brought it in for the 500 mile checkup (place is an hour away from home and things have been running good).
Yelp reviews have a lot of complaints about the place not honoring or being nitpicky about the warranty Ts and Cs.
Are we screwed? Did my son make a $3200 negligence error?
Really appreciate any advice on how to attack this one.
- Well crap...engine transmission replacement warranty question - RSMBob February 25, 2021, 18:56:35
- Actually a lot of videos on this topic - complainant February 26, 2021, 3:24:06
- Buy a Toyota* - Stu February 26, 2021, 1:59:11
- Sorry for your $3,200 loss* - timmer February 25, 2021, 20:30:08
- If there’s a lot of Yelp reviews, they DGAF. That 500mi checkup is there because no one will do it. - tvillini February 25, 2021, 20:25:15
- Be a hard ass about it. It probably fuked. * - harb February 25, 2021, 19:13:47