Nice. Glad it worked out.* Archived Message
Posted by uofi1998 on April 5, 2021, 13:04:40, in reply to "MAJOR UPDATE: Contractor backed off. Tried to guilt trip and then conceded*"
Hereís the situation:
-Worked with a contractor to repair some windows in our building, had a max budget.
-Original quote came in over what we wanted to pay, removed some work, signed a contract for the work removing the stuff that put us over budget.
-Contractor confirmed the work needing to be done prior to coming back on site.
-Contractor confirmed new scope of work with minor repairs that were cheap once they got on site, we approved.
-Contractor said more minor repairs needed to be done when they got on site, we approved verbally but only specified those cheaper repairs.
-Contractor drops final bill with additional repairs never approved.
Best course of action? Say this must be a mistake, hereís what we agreed to, we arenít paying? The added repairs amount to a 50% increase in payment over what was agreed to.
- Anyone have experience with contractors doing unapproved work and trying to get payment for it? - Carl Spackler March 31, 2021, 8:23:20
- MAJOR UPDATE: Contractor backed off. Tried to guilt trip and then conceded* - Carl Spackler April 5, 2021, 12:36:34
- Nice. Glad it worked out.* - uofi1998 April 5, 2021, 13:04:40
- nice* - ghost_of_clt April 5, 2021, 12:37:38
- Does your contract have language stating no verbal changes are enforceable? - uofi1998 March 31, 2021, 8:38:54
- What kind of repairs were unapproved? There might be language in the contract - longsnapper March 31, 2021, 8:35:29