Its a 1 year rental and potential to be on the hook for a lot more * Archived Message
Posted by 1 NEW on April 5, 2021, 15:41:54, in reply to "I think his contract situation cratered his value.*"
-this solidifies the "no shit, viv" assumption that jets are going QB at #2. not that it wasn't 99.99999% certain.
-this is a lot less than i expected darnold to return.
but the most interesting bit is what it may say about the draft:
-the panthers might not regard lance and/or fields very highly.
-they might be expecting lance and fields to both be gone by 8.
-following the 9ers/dolphins trade, the market for moving up (to 4?) might be crazy right now.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers - CanHartlebHireSnider April 5, 2021, 15:00:28
- I read this first as Sam Donaldson* - Sounder April 5, 2021, 16:33:05
- Awesome, love it. Lock in those QBs at your top 4 slots, folks! Who else needs one! - voiceofreason April 5, 2021, 16:31:42
- This feels like a really fair deal both directions. - uofi1998 April 5, 2021, 16:27:56
- a few thoughts - VIV April 5, 2021, 15:28:49
- Cost to trade up to #4? - illini222 April 5, 2021, 15:38:20
- I think panthers overpaid for Darnold - CubsWonWorldSeries April 5, 2021, 15:32:50
- you were expecting a 1 for darnold?* - snipes824 April 5, 2021, 15:30:58
- I think Panthers expect the first four to be QBs and not Mac Jones among them. - MC April 5, 2021, 15:30:47
- Agreed 100% - GrandmotherPearlsJam April 5, 2021, 15:39:06
- nice return for the jets - snipes824 April 5, 2021, 15:08:25
- That's not that much if you think he can be a starter.* - longsnapper April 5, 2021, 15:02:13