To its credit, the city commissioned an independent investigation on the incident. Archived Message
Posted by ATL on November 18, 2021, 10:27:53, in reply to "Yeah, that's straight up murder and everyone involved should be in prison.*"
What the commission found is mind boggling. |
"The body-worn camera audio, limited video, and (Aurora Police Department) Major Crime’s interviews with the officers tell two contrasting stories. The officers’ statements on the scene and in subsequent recorded interviews suggest a violent and relentless struggle," the report, which was obtained by ABC News, stated. "The limited video, and the audio from the body-worn cameras, reveal Mr. McClain surrounded by officers, all larger than he, crying out in pain, apologizing, explaining himself, and pleading with the officers."
"Upon review of the evidence available to the Panel, Officer Woodyard’s decision to turn what may have been a consensual encounter with Mr. McClain into an investigatory stop -- in fewer than ten seconds -- did not appear to be supported by any officer’s reasonable suspicion that Mr. McClain was engaged in criminal activity. This decision had ramifications for the rest of the encounter," the report stated.
"We were not able to identify sufficient evidence that Mr. McClain was armed and dangerous in order to justify a pat-down search," the report stated.
"The responding officers applied pain compliance techniques and restraints to Mr. McClain continuously from the first moments of the encounter until he was taken away on a gurney," the report stated.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I was challenged on here when I said cops were the worst. But I hold fast to my position. - ATL November 17, 2021, 8:19:01
- Aurora, Col. taxpayers write $15 million check because their PD killed an unarmed black man - ATL November 18, 2021, 9:51:14
- Hate to dox, but here's a pic of ATL. - osklister November 18, 2021, 8:27:06
- Now attorneys……only benefit all of us* - jumpingdan November 18, 2021, 6:07:24
- T. Greg Doucette is a good Twitter follow for this stuff.* - Memphian November 17, 2021, 19:51:11
- They really are the worst* - HeatMizer November 17, 2021, 17:28:47
- cop shoots 2 dogs for no reason - ECEIllinois November 17, 2021, 12:47:06
- usa today investigation finds widespread retaliation against whistleblowers - assassin November 17, 2021, 11:54:53
- i did not know "licit" was a word* - suburbanmyth November 17, 2021, 11:52:25
- Chicago pd has billboards out that are designed to basically humanize police officers - Taz November 17, 2021, 8:59:37
- For the thin blue line confederates, I'll just place this here. - Chilango November 18, 2021, 6:49:19
- they're paid by Chicago Police Foundation - Poldark November 17, 2021, 11:45:30
- I don't really have a problem with that* - ATL November 17, 2021, 11:41:21
- She would not try to humanize police officers for some reason? * - haighter November 17, 2021, 11:30:33
- Couldn't you say the same thing about the IDPH Billboards that say "All In Illinois"? - HectorVillanueva19 November 17, 2021, 11:30:09
- Maybe because the Mayor, State's Attorney, etc. have trashed Chicago's Police's image? - HectorVillanueva19 November 17, 2021, 11:28:36
- I saw on fb the other day that the most racist person I’ve ever met in my life - illini21 November 17, 2021, 8:53:59
- I would dispute the assertion that ALL cops are the worst... I know a few that are not. However, I - Wotcher November 17, 2021, 8:36:03