I don't need to shiite all over them, the DOJ already has Archived Message
Posted by Chilango on November 18, 2021, 11:02:37, in reply to "I mean you should expect the same vigorous defense of it's members by it's members..."
and the union seeks to protect those that are racist and violent. I don't see that from other unions systematically. You seem to want to protect no matter what. Do you feel like our law enforcement system works? Just kidding, you're an affluent white male. So of course it does. |
...as any other union.
I'm amazed that this seems to be a novel concept to any of you...but then again, this isn't really about unions, it's about your want to shit all over police.
I mean, one is a racist group that has been found to be lacking and is under a consent decree, the other is a group advocating for more pay, better benefits and bargaining power. But hey, same right?
…than well…any of your other chosen favorite unions.
(Not really. I don’t find that off at all.)
Quickly as I wanted them to for safety reasons that I didn't agree with".
And the hill I'm dying on is "cops lied on legal documents to cover for another cop who committed murder".
I mean, you really can't see the difference here?
...some quite vocally, until they've had their day in court.
Firefighters Union, IIRC, recently spoke in support of their membership that took an Engine, while on duty, to protest a New York state reps personal home in opposition to vaccine mandates.
The SFUSD and Teachers Union had to be sued by the city of San Francisco to come into compliance with state law on reopening schools. They were all pretty vocal about all the good they were doing while not actually doing much of anything.
I get you're pretty prickly about cop-unions, and I am too...but I think that's a function of unions, not police specific unions.
Members that have clearly violated the law?
I only know of one.
For their workers under policy. They should not vocally and unequivocally support bad actors who have clearly violated the law. For example, the cops who obviously lied on their reports to cover up the killing of Laquan Macdonald. The video showed that they lied, period. Even if you believe Van Dyke was justified, how can unions support their members committing fraud and violating the law?
Because it makes sense to me. Unions exist to protect their members.
Bad cops in my book. I know some individual cops feel like they have no choice and I get that. But the union defense of awful cops makes no sense to me.
it's that the ones who are good are prevented from showing it, because the penalties for stepping out of line are harsher than the penalties for abusing their power.
Ironically, the cop defenders talking about "a few bad apples" were right all along. They just forgot about the second half of the aphorism.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I was challenged on here when I said cops were the worst. But I hold fast to my position. - ATL November 17, 2021, 8:19:01
- Aurora, Col. taxpayers write $15 million check because their PD killed an unarmed black man - ATL November 18, 2021, 9:51:14
- Hate to dox, but here's a pic of ATL. - osklister November 18, 2021, 8:27:06
- Now attorneys……only benefit all of us* - jumpingdan November 18, 2021, 6:07:24
- T. Greg Doucette is a good Twitter follow for this stuff.* - Memphian November 17, 2021, 19:51:11
- They really are the worst* - HeatMizer November 17, 2021, 17:28:47
- cop shoots 2 dogs for no reason - ECEIllinois November 17, 2021, 12:47:06
- usa today investigation finds widespread retaliation against whistleblowers - assassin November 17, 2021, 11:54:53
- i did not know "licit" was a word* - suburbanmyth November 17, 2021, 11:52:25
- Chicago pd has billboards out that are designed to basically humanize police officers - Taz November 17, 2021, 8:59:37
- For the thin blue line confederates, I'll just place this here. - Chilango November 18, 2021, 6:49:19
- they're paid by Chicago Police Foundation - Poldark November 17, 2021, 11:45:30
- I don't really have a problem with that* - ATL November 17, 2021, 11:41:21
- She would not try to humanize police officers for some reason? * - haighter November 17, 2021, 11:30:33
- Couldn't you say the same thing about the IDPH Billboards that say "All In Illinois"? - HectorVillanueva19 November 17, 2021, 11:30:09
- Maybe because the Mayor, State's Attorney, etc. have trashed Chicago's Police's image? - HectorVillanueva19 November 17, 2021, 11:28:36
- I saw on fb the other day that the most racist person I’ve ever met in my life - illini21 November 17, 2021, 8:53:59
- I would dispute the assertion that ALL cops are the worst... I know a few that are not. However, I - Wotcher November 17, 2021, 8:36:03