I just saw this and will respond, but you probably won't see it because it's buried way down here Archived Message
Posted by Wotcher on November 19, 2021, 7:36:41, in reply to "You could drive 2 hours to eat at them*"
but no... that's easier said than done. |
 When we come back, it's typically for a family event. That usually means that we're eating at the family event.
 If we were to just drive over to C-U and didn't stop by to see either my parents or my mother-in-law, there would be hell to pay (not worth it). Besides, that's a 4+ hour drive for dinner, too, soooo... not likely to happen.
 When we are there for any extended period of time (2-3 days at most) [3a] my wife's family owns a restaurant and bar... sometimes hard to justify eating somewhere else and paying for it instead of eating for free, and [3b] it's impossible to go out to dinner with my parents because my father refuses to eat at any restaurant that serves alcohol... which eliminates about 99.999% of them.
So yeah, we could drive 2 hours to eat at them, but as much as I like them and miss them there are way too many good restaurants to go to here as opposed to going there and dealing with all the hassle that comes with family obligations.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Need C-U lunch ideas. Mrs. ATL & my old roommate's wife would like to have a nice lunch while their - ATL November 18, 2021, 8:49:43
- I was in Champaign just before Covid took over. There was a new place ... - complainant November 19, 2021, 1:15:25
- Big Grove Tavern is still solid, also. Nice menu and fun cocktails. * - Tuscy November 18, 2021, 15:54:14
- Farrens has some great stuff besides their burgers* - lcubed November 18, 2021, 12:27:21
- The Red Wheel* - Stu November 18, 2021, 12:23:53
- Olive Garden is pretty fancy.* - eta November 18, 2021, 12:22:57
- porgy's* - ECEIllinois November 18, 2021, 12:21:09
- I'd second Watson's or Sunsinger* - Vandy November 18, 2021, 12:15:45
- It is 2 months away....plenty of time to get that right/perfect recommendation!* - HectorVillanueva19 November 18, 2021, 10:08:39
- OK?* - ATL November 18, 2021, 10:14:06
- What a weird response* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes November 18, 2021, 10:15:51
- Mine?* - ATL November 18, 2021, 10:16:32
- No* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes November 18, 2021, 10:26:30
- Source. - Illiniphil November 18, 2021, 12:19:00
- We had dinner last weekend at Sun Singer and it was pretty tasty* - Gene Parmesan November 18, 2021, 9:32:18
- Courier Cafe, great salad bar, simple yummy menu. . - Savoy November 18, 2021, 8:58:45
- Watson's is my current fave. Delicious food. Great cocktails. * - Tuscy November 18, 2021, 8:51:33